Before you can access data from users using QuickBooks Online for their accounting, you need to set up a QuickBooks Online integration in the Railz Dashboard™. You'll need to:
- Register a new application on QuickBooks Online's developer portal.
- Add your secure keys to Railz.
- Visit https://developer.intuit.com/ and sign in or create an account.
- When you're logged in, in the top navigation select My Apps.
- Click + Create an app.
Quickbooks App Review Process
Starting November 15, 2021, all new apps or apps that are in the development phase will be required to complete the assessment process prior to getting production credentials. For existing apps that already have access to production credentials, Intuit will reach out to you in phases starting in October 2021 for steps on how to complete our refreshed assessment process. Railz will be working with existing customers as more information is provided by Intuit.
More details on the new guidelines are available here: https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbo/docs/go-live/publish-app/platform-requirements.
- Select QuickBooks Online and enter your app name.
- Under Select a scope, select Accounting, and then select Create App.
Railz production environment connects to Quickbook's production environment only.
For this connection to work, you must use your Production Keys.
- In the Keys & OAuth sub-menu of Production find Keys for use in Production.
You'll need these for a later stage in this process.
- Click Add URI.
- Add the URI for the Production environment
Production key pre-requisites
Intuit may require you to verify contact details, complete your profile if not completed and provide Term of Service Links before your Production keys are made available.
- Open the Railz Dashboard™ and log in.
- In the left sidebar navigation menu, go to Integrations > Accounting.
- Scroll down to the QuickBooks Online integration and click Manage.
- Paste in your Client ID and Client Secret, and then click Save changes.
- Enable your integration. Go back to Integrations > Accounting, and use the toggle to update the QuickBooks Online integration from Disabled to Enabled.
Updated 4 days ago