Before you can access data from users using QuickBooks Online for their accounting, you need to set up a QuickBooks Online integration in the Railz Dashboard™. You'll need to:
- Register a new application on Intuit's developer portal.
- Enter details about your app and complete the app assessment questionnaire.
- Intuit reviews your questionnaire to ensure your app meets their platform requirements. If your app is approved, you can access your keys to enable your integration.
- Add your secure keys to Railz.
- Visit Intuit Developer Portal and sign in or create an account.
- When you're logged in, in the top navigation select My Apps.
- Click + Create an app.
- Select QuickBooks Online and enter your app name.
- Under Select a scope, select Accounting, and then select Create App.
- In the Keys & OAuth sub-menu of Production find Keys for use in Production. The Production Keys requirements page is displayed.
App Development & Production Keys are not Interchangeable
e. Railz connects to Quickbook's production environment only. Development keys do not work with live QuickBooks Online accounts.
- Add the requested details described in the Add details about your app checklist.
- Complete the app assessment questionnaire as described below.
- When you've completed the requirements, the Keys & OAuth page for production is displayed. Copy your Client ID and Secret. You'll need these for a later stage in this process.
- In the Redirect URIs section click Add URI and add the URI for the Production environment
Before you can access your application's production keys, you must complete an app assessment questionnaire. Intuit will review your answers to make sure your app meets their publishing requirements and guidelines.
To access the questionnaire:
- Click Go to the app assessment questionnaire at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your answers then submit the questionnaire to Intuit.
- In most cases, Intuit's assessment process is fast. After successfully submitting the questionnaire and providing all other required information, production keys will be unblocked. If not, you’ll be prompted with a request for additional information and the next steps by Intuit. If you are unable to meet Intuit requirements, access to production keys will be blocked.
Need Help With the App Assessment Questionnaire
For more details on how to fill the app assessment questionnaire see our Help Center.
- Open the Railz Dashboard™ and log in.
- In the left sidebar navigation menu, go to Integrations > Accounting.
- Scroll down to the QuickBooks Online integration and click Configure.
- Paste in your Client ID and Client Secret, and then click Save & Enable.
Updated 3 months ago