Before you can access data from users using Xero for their accounting, you need to set up a Xero integration in the Railz Dashboard™. You'll need to:
- Register a new application on Xero's developer portal.
- Retrieve your application's secure keys from the Xero Developer Portal.
- Add your secure keys to Railz.
To link more than 25 companies, become a Xero app partner.
- Go to Xero Developer Portal.
- Select My Apps.
- Click New app
- Log in using your Xero credentials (or create an account if you don’t already have one).
- Enter the following:
- In the App name box, add a short name for your application. Your customers see this when they authorize your connection to their accounting system.
- In the Company or application URL box, add a link to your company's website.
- In the OAuth 2.0 redirect URI box, enter the URI
- Read and accept Xero's terms & conditions, and then click Create App.
Xero takes you to a page with some information about your new application. You can access this page in future by clicking My Apps and choosing your application from the list.
- Select Configuration sidebar menu, and next to the Client Id box, click Copy.
- Next, click Generate a secret to retrieve your client secret. If you either save this page or navigate away from it, you won't be able to view the same client secret again and you'll need to generate a new one.
- When the Client Secret appears, keep this tab open. You'll need your secure keys for the next stage of the process.
- Open the Railz Dashboard™ and log in.
- In the left sidebar navigation menu, go to Integrations > Accounting.
- Scroll down to the QuickBooks Online integration and click Configure.
- Paste in your Client ID and Client Secret, and then click Save & Enable.
Updated 3 months ago