QuickBooks Desktop - Beta
QuickBooks Desktop is still in Beta and hasn't been fully released yet. To request access to beta features, you can do so by contacting your account manager or following the instructions here.
Before you can access data from businesses using QuickBooks Desktop for their accounting, they will need to go through a 5-step process in Railz Connect™:
- Download QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Install QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Configure QuickBooks Web Connector.
QuickBooks Web Connector
QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC) is a solution developed by Intuit to enable secure communication between QuickBooks Desktop and other web applications. The QuickBooks Web Connector must be run on the same computer where QuickBooks Desktop is installed.
Before starting the connection process, the user must open QuickBooks Desktop and log in to the business they wish to connect.
You should make it clear to your businesses that they must run the connector on the machine they use to access QuickBooks Desktop.
Railz follows Intuit’s service discontinuation policy for QuickBooks Desktop and fully supports the following versions, version tiers and special editions:
Latest three versions of:
- QuickBooks Desktop (US)
- QuickBooks Desktop (Canada)
- Pro Plus
- Premier Plus
Older Versions of QuickBooks Desktop
Railz does not fix issues related to older versions of QuickBooks Desktop. Upgrade to the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop to continue using the QuickBooks Web Connector.
The first step is for the business to download the QuickBooks Web Connector and Railz .qwc configuration file from Railz Connect™.
QWC Configuration File
- Each business will have access to a unique configuration file with the following name convention: Railz-[BUSINESS_NAME].qwc.
- Businesses must save their unique Railz .qwc configuration file before proceeding.
- Note that the QuickBooks Web Connector will require this file.
Each business should install the QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWebConnectorInstaller.exe).
QuickBooks Web Connector Permissions
The QuickBooks Web Connector operates on a user level, meaning it does not require administrator privileges/rights to run on most systems. Some stricter corporate policies may require admin rights to run; in these instances, users should be familiar with their internal process for requesting permission from their IT department.
For step-by-step instructions to install QBWC, businesses can refer to this QuickBooks Help Article.
In steps 2-4 of Railz Connect™, a business will be prompted to configure the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- With QuickBooks Desktop open, a business should navigate to File > App Management > Update Web Services to launch the QuickBooks Web Connector and add a new application.
- In the QuickBooks Web Connector, a business should select Add an Application and choose the previously downloaded Railz .qwc file from their windows file viewer.
- In the QuickBooks Web Connector, the business should then select the checkbox and enter the password provided in step 4 of Railz Connect™ when prompted.
Businesses should save this unique password before proceeding.
- After being prompted for the password, a business should select Update Selected to initiate data retrieval.
Updated 15 days ago